Dorset, sunny Summer 2016 (after shamefully leaving the previous image on the site for so many years, I’ve finally got around to updating it so that clients can actually recognise me!)
Background Information About Me
Welcome to ‘Life Rebalance’ – I am Dorset based energy therapies practitioner/teacher Katherine Williams.
A bit of background…
I discovered the considerable value of complementary approaches some time ago, during my own 20+ year ‘journey’ with ME/CFS and since then, have continued to be passionate about energy therapies and their many applications. I continue to passionately embrace these techniques in my own life (living positively with the challenges of the inherited musculo skeletal condition EDS). It is an absolute joy and privilege to be able to assist others with their diverse life challenges, and rewarding to observe the outcome.
My approach includes exploring in partnership with my clients, helping to identify their particular challenges and objectives. We work together to identify and address underlying energy imbalances, and agree a way forward, which (depending on the client) might involve addressing energetically the physical side effects of conventional treatment, providing emotional support, a series of relaxing ‘hands on’ energy techniques and simple self help strategies which can be applied at home between sessions. The amazing thing about these methods is that (when tailored to the individual), they can be effectively applied to a variety of situations and issues. Please see ‘testimonials’, or chat to me, for just a few examples of the many types of issues I have worked with. Sessions also help the client feel more ’empowered’ and hopeful/positive in their situation, which I think is so important.
In our so often busy and pressurised lives, it is my belief that we occasionally need to ‘step off the hamster wheel’, take a step back and evaluate whether we have the right balance. Too much stress, overwhelm and anxiety can lead to or exacerbate a variety of disorders, and we occasionally need to make (sometimes ‘challenging’) choices and decisions based on the messages we receive from our body. I know from first hand experience that this occasionally means making the decision to change the way we run our lives.
No matter what it is we want to ‘rebalance’ in our life, the process need not feel daunting – with a little help, it can be made to feel compelling instead.
I look forward to helping many more people to move forward positively and fully engage with life. I work in what is called a ‘holistic’ way, tailored to individual clients and their own particular challenges. Some sessions involve techniques to help with emotional aspects. On the other hand, you may be feeling energetically ‘out of sorts’, or simply seeking peak performance. Often it is a mixture of both, and the two cannot be separated. It is probably easiest for us to chat about what it is that is currently challenging you, and to find out how I may be able to help. Please give me a call on 07525 48 88 50, or email me at email@example.com
As well as seeing clients on a one to one basis, I also teach introductory level Energy Medicine courses and workshops, and am an authorised trainer of Donna Eden’s ‘Energy Medicine for Beginners’ (EM101) and ‘More Energy Medicine for Beginners’ (EM102). These fun and informative short courses (the focus being many techniques for self help) are very popular in America, and have only recently been introduced to Europe.
Previous employment, experience and qualifications
Before helping others as a complementary therapist, I had a diverse career. Latterly, this included 15 years working in education. I worked for many yrs at a University as a type of placement performance coach for degree students and was a Further Education college lecturer/course leader before that. Prior to that, I was employed in various roles in the tourism industry, including working as airline cabin crew (in my much younger day!)
Therapy Related Qualifications/Courses
- Authorised, approved teacher of Donna Eden’s ‘Eden Energy Medicine’ entry level courses
- Eden Energy Medicine Clinical Practitioner (EEM-CLP) (additional training 2015-2016)
- Eden Energy Medicine Certified Practitioner (EEM-CP) (Trained 2011- Feb 2015)
- EFT (Emotional Freedom Technique) – ‘Advanced Practitioner’ AAMET Levels I, II, III (2009)
- Matrix Reimprinting – Fully qualified and registered practitioner (one of the first in the UK/worldwide – registered June 2009)
- NLP (Neuro Linguistic Programming) Practitioner – ANLP and ABNLP Certificates (UK & US) May-Nov 2009
- ‘Master Practitioner NLP with Coaching & Ericksonian Hypnosis’ training course 2011-2012
- Colour Breathing Practitioner – personally trained by CB’s founder in 2009 and helped test the prototype product in the late 1990s
- Introduction to Counselling Skills Certificate (8 wk course) – 2002 – NB – this of course does not make me a counsellor/ psychotherapist!
- Postgraduate Certificate in Education (‘PGCE’ – qualified teacher status)
- DipM; BA (Hons); RSA Cert TEFLA
- Member of AAMET and GoE (Energy related professional associations)
- Fully insured
Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
I (like everyone else) never stop learning! I am a very dedicated practitioner, committing to literally hundreds of hours a year of study in addition to my client work. I am always keen to further develop and enhance my skills through self study, workshops, courses/further training, study groups, and undertake formal ‘supervision’ sessions from time to time as required by my energy therapies professional associations and training organisations.
Examples of recent courses/workshops/projects:
- ‘Teaching Eden Energy Medicine’ – Innersource, Summer 2016
- Eden Energy Medicine ‘post graduation’ training, (‘Clinical Practitioner’) 2015-2016 involving 100 case studies, mentoring, session observations, residential training etc
- Extensive training for full accredited Eden Energy Medicine Practitioner certification 2011-2015
- Matrix Reimprinting Convention 2013
- Matrix Reimprinting & EFT CPD events/supervision/training
- 1 day PTT course (a new type of art therapy) – 2012
- 5 day intensive basic training in ‘Energy Medicine’ undertaken with world renowned American energy technique experts/authors Donna Eden & Dr David Feinstein – 2011
- 52 further continuing professional development/supervision sessions with ‘Matrix Reimprinting’ co-author and EFT/Matrix expert Sasha Allenby since qualifying as a M.R. practitioner.
- Matrix Reimprinting further enhancement course entitled ‘Matrix Reimprinting for Health’ 2011
- ‘Introduction to International Meta Medicine’ course – 2010
- Ongoing continuing professional development, ‘supervision’ and mentoring sessions as required by my professional energy therapy associations
- Practising reformer Pilates, swimming in the sea weather permitting!
Please note that in order to keep my own life and energies ‘in balance’, and to give clients the absolute best of me, I take on a limited number of clients/appointments at any particular time. Since my airline days I have continued to embrace the mantra “place your own oxygen mask on first before helping others requiring assistance”. I still believe today that in order to be effective we all need to do that!